Nobody likes going to the dentist so why would kids right? You basically have to sit there for 30+ minutes with someone digging around in your mouth, not my idea of fun! I decided to put together a list of things to do to get kids to co-operate better at their yearly visit. Enjoy :)
1. Be honest. Tell them the truth about why they have to go to the dentist,educate them about their oral health and explain that it is something we all need to do or our teeth will fall out of our head (for children who have already lost teeth, tell them they won't grow back) - LOL
2. Don't like the taste of fluoride? Make up an excuse as to why they can't have any that specific visit, tell the dental assistant s/he just got over the flu and it will make them sick (fluoride ALWAYS-no matter what flavor- makes me sick) Your kid will thank you for it.
3. If they are scared be sure to go in with them and hold their hands, constantly reminding them, you won't let anything bad happen but since you will be monitoring tell them if they act up they are getting punished. They will listen, nobody likes to be grounded.
4. If all else fails, bribe them. Hey, I'd rather shell out 20$ than deal with a screaming chaotic child.
5. This isn't a tip but it's guaranteed to make you LOL