Your Ad Here

Friday, October 15, 2010

Potty Training

Okay so someone commented that they wanted to see me blog about more things that I deal with on a day to day basis when it comes to parenting so here is something recent that I can relate to. 

Potty Training

My daughter turned two in July and ever since she was born I had this 'plan' that I would start potty training when she turned two years old. Well, two years old has came and is going but not so smoothly shall I add. I never thought of potty training as a big deal before but now I see why it is. I got my girl a special Dora the Explorer potty and everything but she will just not piss on the damn thing! She did once but I think that was just a fluke because now she just cries LOL I don't even see the big deal now, about why I wanted her potty trained so soon, she is ready to learn but not willing to do it so I'm just going to take it day by day and see how it goes!! The last time I tried to get her to sit on the potty (I did NOT pressure her in anyway, she actually said she wanted to) but then she peed on me and the floor and then started bawling, I reassured her that I was not mad at her and everything was okay, people have accidents sometimes, but I think she is traumatized now (believe it or not haha)
What about you? How would you handle potty training? Is it as easy as it seems or am I right for backing off her case? I believe she will do it when she is good and ready, no I'm not going to let her stay in diapers forever but maybe just a little while longer, she is growing up too fast as it is!




1 comment: