Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Top 10 Disney Movies *List 1

In light of a recent comment I decided to do another list for you guys! So Savage, this one is for you :)

Top 10 Animated Disney Movies to Watch with your Children

As a kid, I used to love watching Disney Movies, my niece and I used to watch several of them over and over and over. As an adult and a parent, I actually understood the movies a lot better watching them as a grown up. So anyways, I have compiled a list of the best Disney movies to watch with your children. Even though I disagree with Disney about some things (hidden messages in movies etc.- I will save that post for another day), these movies are classics none-the-less! I decided I'm going to do two lists of 10 movies because there is just so many classics that it is hard to choose and heck I'm not that busy today so might as well get my posts worth! No particular order as always, enjoy!

Tear Factor Scale: 1-10; 1 = 'not sad at all', 5 = 'I teared up a bit', 10 = 'I cried like a baby'

The Little Mermaid

This movie (based on a fairy tale) is about a young mermaid princess who longs to be able to walk on land so bad that she collects human artifacts she finds in the sea. She ends up falling in love with a human after saving him.She makes a deal with the evil Ursula to be changed into a human for 3 days, Eric ends up falling for her back after realizing she saved his life. Hard to believe I was one when this came out LOL

Sidekicks: Flounder (Clownfish), Sebastian (Lobster)
Evil Villan: Ursula
Tear Factor: 6
You may also like: The broadway play "Once on this Island", The little Mermaid 2&3
I questioned: Where is Ariel's mother?
Favourite song: Part of your world- Jodie Benson

Beauty and the Beast

This movie (also based on a fairy tale) is about a young girl named Belle who spends her time reading books and helping her father who is an inventor. Her father goes missing, she goes to find him and ends up trading her freedom for her fathers at the beasts castle. The beast is really a young prince who was cursed and must fall in love before the last petal drops off the enchanted rose. All of the cursed people/things try to get Belle and the beast to fall in love.

Sidekicks: Mrs. Potts, Chip, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Wardrobe
Evil Villan: Gaston and his tag along Maurice
Tear Factor: 8
You may also like: Beauty and the Beast- Enchanted Christmas
I questioned: Where is Belle's mother?
Favourite song: Beauty and the Beast

Bambi

Based on a book. A fawn prince is born in the animal kingdom. The next spring he is older and ends up falling for a childhood friend. I can't really tell you too much more without ruining it but I sobbed during this movie LOL

Sidekicks: Thumper the rabbit and Flower the skunk
Evil Villan: The hunters, Ronno
Tear Factor: 10
You may also like: The Lion King
I questioned: What is wrong with Thumper?
Favourite song: None

The Lion King

A lion cub prince, Simba, is born into the animal kingdom in Africa. When he grows up he falls in love with his childhood friend. Again, I can't say too much more without spoiling it so if you haven't seen it, DO.

Sidekicks: Timon and Pumbaa
Evil Villan: Scar
Tear Factor: 8
You may also like: Bambi, The Lion King 2
I questioned: Do animals really do that when babies are born?
Favourite song: Can't Wait to be King, Can You Feel the Love Tonight- Elton John

Lady and the Tramp

A young man buys his wife a cocker spaniel puppy, the name her Lady. She grows up into the most spoiled, perfect dog ever. She ends up falling for a dog from the wrong side of the tracks, Tramp (complete opposites). The couple end up having a baby and Lady feels neglected.

Sidekicks: Jock and Trusty
Evil Villan: Dog Catcher
Tear Factor: 4
You may also like: Lady and the Tramp 2
I questioned: Why does Tramp eat better than I do?
Favourite song: None

Pocahontas

A Ship full of 'white' people looking to take over land come upon a native settlement. John Smith meets the young Pocahontas who teaches him that not everything can be owned and taken over. This movie is based on history (Pocahontas, Virginia named after her) and there is actually a non animated movie as well.

Sidekicks: Nakoma, Meeko (raccoon)
Evil Villan: The greedy 'white' people
Tear Factor: 5
You may also like: Non animated Pocahontas, Pocahontas 2 (Disney)
I questioned: Why did white people call anyone who was not like them 'savages'? That's racist (LOL)
Favourite song: Colors of the Wind- Vanessa Williams

Dumbo

A young elephant is born with gigantic ears and is put to work in the circus. Everyone makes fun of him because he is different but they can suck it because he can fly and they can't- don't hate.
Sidekicks: Timothy the mouse
Evil Villan: Everyone who makes fun of poor Dumbo
Tear Factor: 8
You may also like:
I questioned: Since when do animals get their babies by stork? and more importantly since when do animals get drunk? Wait- what.....
Favourite song: None

Peter Pan

Based on a play about a boy who wouldn't grow up. Wendy, John and Michael Darling end up going to Neverneverland to live with the lost boys and Peter Pan after Wendy tells her younger brothers stories about him.

Sidekicks: The lost boys, Tinkerbell
Evil Villan: Captain Hook
Tear Factor: 4
You may also like: Hook
I questioned: Why does Wendy have to be too old to play with her brothers? You can never be too old to play, her dad is a douche.
Favourite song: None

101 Dalmatians

This Classic is based on a novel about two people who meet and fall in love. Their dogs, Pongo and Perdita, do the same. Perdita gets knocked up and gives birth to 101 puppies. Cruella De Vil has this sick obsession with the puppy skin/fur and wants to make them into coats.

Sidekicks: Colonel, Captain, Sergeant Tibbs
Evil Villan: Cruella De Vil
Tear Factor: 4
You may also like: Non animated 101 Dalmatians, 102 Dalmatians
I questioned: How can a dog fit 101 puppies in their uterus? Why would someone want to make coats out of dog fur?
Favourite song: None

Oliver and Company

This is one of my favourites yet it is a lesser known classic. A homeless kitten named Oliver joins up with a group of dogs. The movie is set in 1980's New York. Also, inspired by Oliver Twist.

Sidekicks: Dodger, Tito, Einstein, Rita and Francis
Evil Villan: Sykes
Tear Factor: 6
You may also like: All Dogs Go to Heaven
I questioned: Why did Oliver want a home so bad? He was fine where he was.
Favourite song: None






7 comments:

  1. lol, How did she have 101 puppies? I love your analysis of these movies, might have to go back and watch some again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting post.. these were some of my favorites as a child

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow this place looks great. :D
    Also Nice List. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concerning your 101 dalmatians assessment, Perdita DID NOT actually give birth to 101 dalmations. She gave birth to 15 and then the rest were ones Cruella had gathered from pounds and other people that came along with the initial 15. The owners of Pongo and Perdita decided to keep them all in the end is all.

    Haha, can't believe I remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big fan of Aladdin...surprised it's not on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lion King scared me so much as a kid you have no idea.

    101 Dalmatians is easily my favorite from that list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, first of all, I love your blog design, second, I LOVE disney movies! Its sad adults dont watch them anymore! lol My favorite would have to be Pocahontas. Following!

    ReplyDelete